Friday, October 10, 2008

*%##?!**$*%@!!!!!

So Wednesday night sometime or Thursday morning somebody broke into Greg's truck and stole my wallet! I know I know... I should never leave my purse in the car but sometimes its hard to remember to grab all that stuff when you've got your hands full of kids, groceries, shoes, etc....
I had also left the window down just a teeny tiny bit (2nd mistake!). So allthough the doors were securely locked, they used this device made from I think a BBQ tong to unlock the doors. They dumped my purse contents all over the seat ( i know I need to clean my purse out more often!) and took the wallet with an entire wopping $4 inside!
I spent all day yesterday cancelling my credit cards, checking acct, putting notices on my credit bureau etc... Now I have to get a new Drivers License.

Crappy is all I have to say!!! But I have been trying to look at the positives. At least nothing else was broken or stolen from Greg's truck. They didnt actually take my purse (which is the 1st purse I've owned in a LONG time and I really like it!). There wasn't more cash in the purse because we just got back from vacation and I usually carry more cash. I was able to cancel everything before any activity had happened!




7 comments:

April said...

What a nightmare! I can't believe that happened on our little street! That is a good lesson to learn. I too have left things in my car...it is hard to carry everything in all the time. I'm so sorry!

@mie said...

That sinks!!! Hope they had fun spending your $4. I can only imagine their faces when they realized how much work they did for $4! =)

@mie said...

I mean that stinks!!! I need to go put my glasses on =) LOL

JenL said...

Losers! And how nice of them to leave the evidence.

Brittany said...

Oh man, that sucks! I'm so sorry that happened!

Maranda said...

That sucks:( I'm sorry that happened.

I have done the same thing...leaving my purse, wallet, or expensive camera out in the open. I will be more careful about leaving things in the car.

I'm glad you got things cancelled before the thiefs could use them.

The Mansfield's said...

I am so sorry to hear that! That happened to me last time I was in Utah and I feel for ya! I'm sure by now, you've replaced everything, but it sucks! Big time!