Today I made bread. I had to make 2 different kinds of bread because Katie can't have wheat(gluten). I found a recipe on my cousin Shari's gluten-free recipe blog. Even though it takes all day (has to raise for 1.5 hours, and cook for 1 hour) it was worth it to see my little girl finally get a piece of bread with "lots of butter, and lots of honey!" Her favorite! She really liked it, and even though the bread looks different than my regular wheat bread it actually tastes pretty good.
We also had spaghetti tonight which is one of my staple meals that we have at least once a week. Everyone likes it, the kids eat well so why mess with something that works. I found some spaghetti noodles that are made from rice, and honestly I could barely tell a difference in the taste and texture to our regular noodles.
So now I am feeling like I can maybe do this diet and I don't have to deprive my baby of things that she loves! YAY
Tomorrow night on the menu is Chicken Nuggets!
9 comments:
You are a great Mom. I really hope things improve for her! The bread looks delicious.
P.S. Love the place mat Katie is eating on, Carter loves his too!
I know who to vote for in regards to Super Mom of the Year award!
You are an amazing Mom and I just love reading your blog!!!
Jami, is the diet helping? That would be great! I've heard that Elizabeth Hasselbeck's (spelled wrong)book about her celiac illness is very good. I guess it is full of easy recipes and tips.
Good Mom!
That is awesome Jami, it will all work out.... I saw at the store yesterday a box of Gluten-Free Brownie mix too. for dessert. Ü ♥ya
Oh and Katie looks sooo happy!! ♥ you guys!
I looked on that recipe for Chicken Nuggets. Michael's and I favorite chicken dish (we have it about twice a week) is Chicken strips (you can do nuggets or breasts) coat them with 2 cups crushed corn flakes (we add a tsp of cayene pepper), a mixture of one egg with 1 tbs water. Take the chicken, pepper it, put in egg mixture, then corn flake mixture, place in oven on 400 degrees for 30 minutes and presto! you have nummy tasting chicken. (if there is no cluten in corn flakes... this chicken is TASTY!!
How is it going? Do you think its helping? I'm slowly stocking up on gluten free food, so once I commit to trying it, I'll be ready. I will definitely need some good recipes you like.
You are such a good mom! I admire all you do!
Looks great! i have tons of info-call if you need it! :)
Post a Comment