I'm sorry to report that our little baby duck (aka Melody Jumper) is no longer with us. Its really sad actually- with the hot hot day we had on Saturday he sandwiched himself up next to the house and just got too hot we think. I felt horrible and was really not looking forward to telling the kids so we called them into the living room and said "Girls, I'm really sorry but ..."
Here is where the water works started- No, not the girls- ME!!! I don't know what happened but I must be highly emotional and I just started crying!!!
Greg asked if I needed to leave the room for a minute but I said no I'm OK- and we told the girls the news- we'll they sort of looked at me like I was an idiot and said "OK- can we watch our movie now" I felt really dumb for getting all worked up after the kids seemed to really not care too much. They seemed more interested in where we would bury him and Katie and I had a good talk about Melody's spirit being with Flounder(who was our pet bunny that died a few months ago) and Heavenly Father of course- I really need to stop getting animals that keep dying! My poor kids- or should I say poor ME!!!
I'm a Butterfly
9 years ago
6 comments:
It must be the Hayes in us, I do the same thing. Then the kids look at you like you're crazy, then you feel silly, and move on. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!
Oh I am so sorry to hear about your little pets. Since we are not really in a position to have real pets right now, Gray adopted this little catepillar & named it Bob. Bob also passed away during our torential rains & tornadoes. So we feel your pain. We are baptising Gray on the 12th with your ward. We are way excited to be able to see everyone.
I'm so sorry! That is so hard when pets die- that is one reason I don't ever want to own one. Just think how hard it would have been on you if the girls were upset too!
Sorry to hear about your little duck. We were tending my sisters fish a few months ago and they too, passed away. I felt awful as well. I guess it's the mother in us.
I always get worked up when I talk to my kids about death. I don't know what it is...Your little Melody Jumper was a cutie!
At least Hunter is still alive. How sad! It kind of scares me that kids this age just don't understand death because I'm afraid my boys might kill each other for "fun" without realizing you can't just say sorry. Is that terrible I even think that!?
Post a Comment