They asked. I ignored.
They persisted. I resisted.
They pleaded. I conceded.
Ever since it snowed a little bit last week Katie has been begging to build a snowman and play in the snow. I told her last week that if there was still snow when she got home from preschool we would go out but LUCKILY the snow was mostly gone (I don't really enjoy the cold, Greg usually plays with them in the snow and they could stay out there forever, I always have the hot chocolate ready... that's my job).
She was so sad and was determined to convince me that we could build a snowman with the little bit of snow that was still against our back fence but I had to explain that it would really be considered a "poop" snowman because we haven't been picking up Hunter's poop all winter... ya pretty DISGUSTING!!!!
So Tuesday it snowed again! Katie was so happy (I not so much) But I decided to quit being such a boring mom and play with my kids. We really had fun and surprisingly it wasn't too cold.
My little snow angels
They pleaded. I conceded.
Ever since it snowed a little bit last week Katie has been begging to build a snowman and play in the snow. I told her last week that if there was still snow when she got home from preschool we would go out but LUCKILY the snow was mostly gone (I don't really enjoy the cold, Greg usually plays with them in the snow and they could stay out there forever, I always have the hot chocolate ready... that's my job).
She was so sad and was determined to convince me that we could build a snowman with the little bit of snow that was still against our back fence but I had to explain that it would really be considered a "poop" snowman because we haven't been picking up Hunter's poop all winter... ya pretty DISGUSTING!!!!
So Tuesday it snowed again! Katie was so happy (I not so much) But I decided to quit being such a boring mom and play with my kids. We really had fun and surprisingly it wasn't too cold.
My little snow angels
Katie so proud of her snowman she built pretty much all by herself
I really need to find some actual gloves for my kids next year. Mittens just gather the snow until they have big snowballs for hands.
We can't wait for spring so we can be outside a lot more and ride our bikes, but we thought why not today?
0 comments:
Post a Comment