Saturday, February 5, 2011

RED and BLUE lets GO!

Copper Canyon Elementary had their 1st and 2nd grade Talent Show on Friday. Addison and Katie wanted to do a Cheer-leading performance. I have to admit at first I was a little nervous for them because they didnt even start figuring out what they were doing until Thursday after school and when they showed me their "routine" it was pretty unorganized. So we sat down and at first I tried to convince them to do something like telling jokes or playing piano, but they were determined! So we used some of their cute moves and added a little cheer in the middle and it turned out SOOOOO cute! I love these girls and I'm so proud of them.
They started out with the "chicken in a hen house" move
(this is their name for the move, not sure were it came from??)
Then they did the "RED and BLUE, lets GO!" cheer. No, I was NEVER a cheer-leader so I had to google easy kids cheers and we learned how to do this cheer on line :)
Then Addison did a cart wheel and Katie skipped around
Then they ended with the "monkey in a treehouse" move, and yelled "We love Copper Canyon!"
I really thought Katie would be nervous but she never ceases to amaze me. She was so brave and both girls did a fantastic job! I don't think i would have ever gotten up and done something like this when I was little. I hope that Katie continues to feel confident and excited about sharing her many many talents (even ones I didn't know she had...like cheer-leading!)

1 comments:

Holly said...

yay for Katie! She's so brave.