OK so I've noticed a lot of people putting maps on your site that keep track of where people are from that are visiting your site. I notice a lot of them (including mine) have locations that I don't know anyone. Should I be concerned that people from all over the country are looking at my blog??? I love to visit other blogs that link from other peoples blogs and I don't know them but I don't mean any harm (obviously) What are the risks of having my blog open to anyone???
A lot of my friends/family are going private--- should I???
I'm a Butterfly
9 years ago
7 comments:
Jami.. the reason I just went private is I got a strange and creepy email from I don't know who. it was saying how he really liked my blog and gave me a link to his blog where he has slideshows that can used on blogger... I just felt like I didn't want to risk the privacy of my family and friends that are linked in my blog, more so than it was for myself. Heck I don't care if everyone sees my dogs and how much fish I catch. more power to them. I am protecting everyone else Ü - no harm no foul!
My mother-in-law worries about the same thing, although I don't really. If it ever gets creepy or anything I might reconsider it. Your girls are adorable, by the way!
I agree with Jenny. I ended up taking mine of private. If it happens again I may reconsider it another time. But for now.. anyone can see Ü
I keep wondering the same thing.
OK so I did learn last night that the way the map tracks someone is by IP address and some IP addresses even though someone might live in Utah is actually showing another state because that is were the internet service is located??? anyways.... I wonder if anyone I don't know if looking at my blog???
Mine is still private, but I've been thinking of changing it, as you probably saw. I changed some preferences so that my blog won't be found in an internet search, and I really think that most viewers are probably linking over from friend's blogs. I think I'm leaving mine public for now. I anything weird happens though, I might change it. So far, no real concerns.
I meant that mine is still public - not private!
Post a Comment